- Recipe By: Food Blogger Divya Burman
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Total Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
About Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe | Chicken Roast Recipe: A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavor and spices. This dish brings out the authentic south Indian spice of the dish. You can cook this dish easily at home for a dinner party as a side dish. It goes well with some rice as well as any Indian bread of your choice.Ingredients of Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe: Kerala chicken roast is a semi-dry, delicious blend of marinated chicken, fried and sauteed with a spicy, tangy masala paste. Teamed up with some chillies, fried onions and lemon juice to bring out that extra zing in this dish.
Ingredients Of Kerala Chicken Roast
- 1 Kg chicken
- For the marination:
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp vinegar/lemon juice
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 3-5 Green chillies
- to taste salt
- For roasting:
- 3 medium onions
- 1 large tomato (remove skin & make puree), blanched
- 2 Green chillies (slit)
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
How to Make Kerala Chicken Roast
- 1.Clean and cut the chicken into medium sized pieces.
- 2.Make a paste of all the ingredients under marination.
- 3.Marinate the chicken pieces with this paste and keep aside for an hour.
- 4.Cut onions into very thin slices and fry in hot oil. Drain them and keep aside.
- 5.Fry the chicken pieces in the same oil until almost done. Keep the pan covered so that the chicken does not get browned, but is cooked inside. Drain them and keep aside.
- 6.Heat 2 tbsp of oil in another pan (You can use the same oil in which we fried the chicken pieces. This will enhance the flavour). Add slit green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for 1 minute.
- 7.Add the tomato paste to this and saute for 1 minute.
- 8.Now add the prepared chicken & roast until it is dry.
- 9.Make sure that all the chicken pieces are well coated with the tomato paste.
- 10.Sprinkle garam masala & pepper powder and mix well.
- 11.Add lemon juice and mix well. Check for salt. Add a little if needed.
- 12.Now add the fried onions and mix well.
- 13.Tasty Kerala Chicken roast is ready.
Calories: 440 Kcal0Calcium: 80.03mgIron: 2.80mgSodium: 289.688mg
The taste makers in this dish are the fried onions and lemon juice. So, be generous when adding them.Key Ingredients: chicken, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, vinegar/lemon juice, Garlic cloves, Green chillies, salt, onions, tomato (remove skin & make puree), Green chillies (slit), curry leaves, garam masala powder, pepper powder, Lemon (juiced), Oil34COMMENTSTags: ChickenKeralaOnions