- Recipe By: NDTV Food
- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Cook Time: 55 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
About Spicy Chicken 65 Recipe: The all-time favorite dish of every non-vegetarian, Spicy Chicken 65 is originally a popular South Indian starter and now a popular North-Indian party-starter! There are many ways of making Chicken 65 and no it is not that difficult or time-consuming. Check out the real quick and easy recipe of the perfect snack for any dinner party.
Ingredients Of Spicy Chicken 65
- 4 Pieces chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cups oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 Egg
- 500 ml soda
- 4 Red chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- to taste salt
How to Make Spicy Chicken 65
- 1.Take finely cut strips of chicken breast in a bowl.
- 2.Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red-chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and oil for binding.
- 3.Mix thoroughly so all the ingredients are deeply binded with the chicken. Refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the batter:
- 1.Add one egg, flour and corn flour.
- 2.Mix it well to make a paste and then add soda. Whisk well and keep it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- 3.After the refrigeration of the marinated chicken and the batter, take them out and pour the batter on the chicken strips one by one.
- 4.Deep fry the strips.
- 1.Add some oil in a pan. Put mustard seeds, pepper corns, curry leaves and red chilli into it.
- 2.Mix them well and pour it on the deep fried chicken strips.
- 3.Serve hot.
This recipe can be made even without egg if you desire.
Using egg or egg white is optional, it locks in the meat juices and keeps it soft, but it will leave an egg smell if you are serving it later after a while.Key Ingredients: chicken breasts (cut into strips), ginger-garlic paste , turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, oil, flour , corn flour, Egg, soda, Red chillies, mustard seeds, Curry leaves, salt