- Chef: Anil Dahiya The Bristol Hotel Gurugram
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Total Cook Time: 1 hr 45 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
The classic christmas cake with delicious apple pie covered in tarts and cherries. Christmas would be incomplete without relishing on this fruity-sweet cake.
Ingredients Of Mother Christmas Cake
- 3 Cups Tart Apples (2 large), peeled
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Apple juice
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extracts
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Apple pie spice (cinnamon)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Candied red cherries (halved)
- 1/2 pound Candied green cherried (halved)
- 1/2 pound Candied pineapple (diced)
- Cashews (optional), salty
How to Make Mother Christmas Cake
- 1.Line three 8×4-inch loaf pans with waxed paper
- 2.Grease the paper and set aside.
- 3.In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar and apple juice; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 4.In a bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- 5.Add to apple mixture; mix well.
- 6.Combine the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt; add to apple mixture and mix well.
- 7.Fold in pecans, cherries and pineapple.
- 8.Pour into prepared pans.
- 9.Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10.Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 11.Remove waxed paper.
- 12.Cool completely.
Key Ingredients: Tart Apples (2 large), Sugar, Apple juice, Eggs, Vegetable oil, Vanilla extracts, All-purpose flour, Apple pie spice (cinnamon), Salt, Pecans, Candied red cherries (halved), Candied green cherried (halved), Candied pineapple (diced), Cashews (optional)