- Chef: Prakriti Patel – Gateway Taproom BKC
- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 40 mins
- Total Cook Time: 1 hr 55 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
About Half Roast Chicken Recipe: A perfect feast for a dinner party! Half Roast Chicken is a delicious chicken recipe where the chicken, along with veggies like carrot and celery, is roasted before pouring and heating in the beer mix called Dunkelweizen over it. A treat of a chicken, this dish is just the right dinner dish option to chill with friends and family.
Ingredients Of Half Roast Chicken
- Cooking oil
- Whole chicken (skin on- rinsed and dressed)
- 2-3 Onions (quartered- skin on)
- 1 bulb Garlic (halved – skin on)
- 4-5 Carrots (roughly quartered)
- 1/2 Cup Celery , finely chopped
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 250 Ml Dunkleweizen (pour into a glass and keep open at room temperature for an hour or two to make flat)
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- To taste Sea salt
How to Make Half Roast Chicken
- 1.Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
- 2.In a greased oven tray line the carrots, celery, onions, garlic and thyme.
- 3.Place the chicken on the tray and grease with oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 4.Roast the chicken for 1.5 hours or till the juices run clear. Remove from the tray and reserve/rest.
- 5.While the chicken is resting, pour the dunkelweizen into the tray turn the oven to the highest heat setting and let it bubble for five minutes.
- 6.Remove the tray from the oven and transfer all contents to a sauce pan before adding in the chicken stock and the butter.
- 7.Reduce the mixture of the beer, and chicken stock till it coats a spoon, adjust the salt.
- 8.Serve with buttery mashed potatoes.
Key Ingredients: Cooking oil, Whole chicken (skin on- rinsed and dressed), Onions (quartered- skin on), Garlic (halved – skin on), Carrots (roughly quartered), Celery , Thyme, Dunkleweizen (pour into a glass and keep open at room temperature for an hour or two to make flat), Chicken stock, Butter, Sea salt