- Chef: Kishore D Reddy
- Recipe Servings: 5
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Total Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- Difficulty Level: Easy
About Chicken Chettinad Recipe: This is one of the best chicken recipes to try at home. A popular chicken curry, cooked in a peppery authentic chettinad paste laced with coconut and onions. Bring some magic to your plate with this southern style chicken dish.Ingredients of Chicken Chettinad Recipe: A fiery chicken recipe with chicken pieces marinated in ginger, garlic, cumin, fennel, peppercorns and red chillies and cooked with onions, tomatoes, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve with cooked rice or chapati.
Ingredients Of Chicken Chettinad
- 500 gms chicken
- 75 ml oil
- 150 gms onions
- 100 gms tomatoes
- 2 gms cinnamon sticks
- 2 gms cloves
- 2 gms cardamoms
- 5 gms cumin
- 2 gms curry leaves
- 10 gms turmeric powder
- 25 gms coriander leaves
- For paste:
- 100 gms onions
- 50 gms ginger
- 50 gms garlic
- 50 gram fennel seeds
- 20 gms cumin seeds
- 25 gms peppercorns
- 10 gms red chillies
- 100 gms coconut
How to Make Chicken Chettinad
- 1.Grind the ingredients for the paste.
- 2.Clean and cut the chicken into 16 pieces. Marinate the chicken with the paste.
- 3.Chop the tomatoes, coriander leaves and the onions.
- 4.Heat oil and add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and cumin, saute.
- 5.Add the chopped onions and the curry leaves. Saute until the onions are golden.
- 6.Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- 7.Add the marinated chicken and turmeric powder. Saute for 10 minutes, sprinkling water at intervals.
- 8.Add enough salt, cover with a lid and cook until done. Add more chilli or pepper if required.
- 9.Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Calories: 521.09 Kcal0Calcium: 363.95mgIron: 8.00mgSodium: 101.58mgKey Ingredients: chicken, oil, onions, tomatoes, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamoms, cumin, curry leaves, turmeric powder, Salt, coriander leaves, onions, ginger, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, red chillies, coconut13COMMENTSTags: ChettinadChickenCoconutSpicy