- Recipe By: NDTV Food
- Recipe Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Total Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Difficulty Level: Medium
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe | Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe:Half boiled rice layered with fried onions, mint, cooked mutton, sealed with dough and slow cooked ‘dum’ style.
Ingredients Of Hyderabadi Biryani
About Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe | Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe: One of the most popular biryani recipe, Hyderabadi Biryani is a dish from down the south but spread all across the country and even abroad. This flavourful and delicious gastronomic wonder is a treat to relish on and is often cooked for dinner parties in north Indian kitchens. Create it at home to make a mark at your dinner party!
- 1 Kg meat
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli paste
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste (sauteed brown onions to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 3-4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 4 Cloves
- A pinch of mace
- to taste mint leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 gms curd
- 4 tbsp clarified butter
- 750 gms semi cooked rice
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- Garnish ingredients:
- Eggs, boiled
- Carrots, sliced
How to Make Hyderabadi Biryani
- 1.Clean the meat. Now in a pan add meat, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, green chilli paste, sauteed brown onions, cardamom powder, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves, mace, mint leaves and lemon juice.
- 2.Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly together.
- 3.Add curd, clarified butter, semi cooked rice, saffron, water and oil. Mix it well.
- 4.Now apply sticky dough on the sides of the pan.
- 5.Cover with lid to seal it and cook for about 25 minutes.
- 6.Hyderabadi Biryani is ready to eat. Garnish it with boiled eggs, sliced carrots, cucumbers and serve hot.
Calories: 2568 Kcal0Saturated Fats: 52gMonounsaturated Fats: 56gSodium: 3212mg
You can prepare salan along with the biryani to serve as an accompaniment.Key Ingredients: meat, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli paste, green chilli paste (sauteed brown onions to taste), cardamom powder, Cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, Cloves, mace, mint leaves, lemon juice, curd, clarified butter, semi cooked rice, saffron, water, oil, Eggs, Carrots, Cucumbers